A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Wednesday 1 October 2008

Ultralight Loggings: Sept. 30, 2008

Loggings on the Sony SRF-59 ultralight for Sept. 30, 2008:
  • 1460 CJOY Guelph, ON 2145 UTC
  • 1460 WHIC Rochester, NY 2145 UTC
  • 1070 WKOK Sunbury, PA 2232 UTC
  • 870 WHCU Ithaca, NY 2240 UTC
Total ultralight count: 135.

WKOK 1070 is a new station for my overall log. It's an all news station, 10 kW daytime, 1 kW nighttime, in eastern central Pennsylvania. I logged it before sunset, when nighttime skywave propagation is already beginning to occur but while the station is still on its daytime power.

WHIC is a relog but its callsign has changed since the last time I logged it. This is parallel to WLOF at 101.7 FM, from Attica NY, which is also audible at my home location. This is a Catholic station using the slogan "The Station of the Cross."

No comments: