A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Sunday 30 March 2014

DX Tape 02

I've uploaded a second vintage shortwave radio recording to archive.org. This is a compilation of clips recorded in early 1977. Included on this recording are:
  • Transworld Radio - Interval signal and ID.
  • Radio Veritas ID, as heard on Radio Nederland.
  • Radio Nederland - The story of Radio Nederland's French language service interval signal (in English).
  • Radio Nederland - Clip about interference in Scandinavia from Soviet over-the-horizon radar on shortwave.
  • Radio Santa Fe ID. Probably from Radio Santa Fe, HJAF, Bogota, Colombia, which used to operate on 4965 kHz. I don't know if this was my recording of this ID, or one I heard on a DX program.
  • Radio Nederland - French language service interval signal and ID.
  • Unidentified utility interval signal.
  • Radio Alvorada da Londrina, Brazil ID - heard on Radio Nederland.
  • BBC World Service - Interval signal and ID in Portuguese.
  • Radio Nederland - Story of Radio Nederland's official tune.
  • Disturbing trends in DXing - From HCJB's DX Partyline show.
This one has also been accepted for inclusion at the Shortwave Archive podcast. I assembled these clips into this compilation sometime in the late 1970s and unfortunately I have no records of dates, times, or frequencies for these clips. Enjoy.

No comments: