A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Thursday 10 April 2014

Recording: DX Partyline on HCJB from 1976

I've uploaded yet another of my recordings of shortwave radio from the late 1970s. This one is a recording of the DX Partyline show on HCJB from Quito, Ecuador. This program was broadcast on December 7, 1976 at 0230 UTC on 6095 kHz in the 49 metre band. The main feature of this episode is a discussion with an HCJB engineer of the design and construction of their steerable broadcasting antenna.

Update: This recording has now been included in the Shortwave Archive podcast.

No comments: