A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Saturday 4 August 2012

Listening in Newfoundland

I'm going to Newfoundland and Labrador for two weeks on vacation, from Sun. Aug. 5 to Sat. Aug 18. I'm taking two radios with me and hope to do some DXing while there. Last time I was in Newfoundland, in 2007, I was impressed by all the transatlantic mediumwave stations I could hear, and by the European longwave broadcast stations I logged. I was in eastern Newfoundland that time; this time I'm going to the western side of the island. It'll be interesting to see what I can catch this time.

The main receiver will be the old trusty Kaito KA-1103, which covers AM/FM/LW/SW. I'm also taking the Sangean DT-400W AM/FM ultralight as a backup in case the Kaito quits on me. The DT-400W also covers the VHF weather channels.

No comments: