A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Thursday 16 August 2012

UVB-76

The highlight of today's DXing is that I finally have heard the mysterious UVB-76 (also known variously as UZB76, MDZhB, and The Buzzer). I've been trying for almost a year to catch it, after reading that article about it in Wired magazine. Frequency: 4625 kHz. Time: 0155-0200 UTC. Station location: believed to be located somewhere near Pskov in Russia. The signal was very weak but its distinctive buzzing came through clearly at times. I also compared it to a webstream of the station to verify that the station was actually transmitting at this time. My location: Steady Brook, NL, just a little bit north of Corner Brook.

No comments: