- 1670 WTDY Madison, WI 0348 UTC 26-Oct-2008
- 1190 WOWO Fort Wayne, IN 1240 UTC 26-Oct-2008
- 1620 WPNT South Bend, IN 0340 UTC 29-Oct-2008
- 1440 WHKZ Warren, OH 0353 UTC 29-Oct-2008
- 1270 WTSN Dover, NH 1115 UTC 29-Oct-2008
- 1410 WLSH Lansford, PA 1135 UTC 29-Oct-2008
- 1450 WWSC Glens Falls, NY 0206 UTC 31-Oct-2008
- 1400 WLLH Lowell, MA 0224 UTC 31-Oct-2008
- 1160 WSKH Skowhegan, ME 1050 UTC 31-Oct-2008
- 960 WELI New Haven, CT 1125 UTC 31-Oct-2008
- 1640 WKSH Sussex, WI 0255 UTC 01-Nov-2008
- 900 WBRV Boonville, NY 1114 UTC 01-Nov-2008
WOWO 1190 in Fort Wayne, Indiana, used to be an easy catch. It used to be a clear channel station, which made it easy to hear all over the eastern part of the continent. But in 1995 it was bought by WLIB in New York, also on 1190, for the sole purpose of reducing its nighttime power and transferring its clear channel status to WLIB. So now WOWO is not that easy to catch in Toronto, since WLIB dominates the channel at night. WOWO is an old station, first going on the air in 1925.
I'm not far from 200 stations now. I want to reach 200 using only the SRF-59, and listening from home. After 200 I will start experimenting with my other ultralight radios, and may try listening from other locations to see if that helps. The ultralight awards let you count loggings made up to 20 or 25 miles from home, so that gives some room for experimenting with different locations. The two problems with my location are both due to the fact that it's inside an apartment building: electrical noise and attenuation from the building's steel frame. I'd like to find an outdoor location to listen from to see if that helps.