A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Monday 16 January 2012

BBC World Service

I once would not have considered logging the BBC World Service to be noteworthy but they've so drastically cut back their broadcasting, especially to the Americas, that it now is a bit unusual to hear them. Today's logging is a tentative logging of the Arabic service of the BBC on 5790 kHz at 0520 UTC from Wooferton in England. No ID but the BBC is scheduled here at this time in Arabic broadcasting to North Africa.

No comments: