A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Saturday 14 January 2012

Cuba, France, and the USA

Today's loggings are of three shortwave broadcasters:
  • R. Havana Cuba from Havana on 11840 kHz at 0500 UTC in Spanish with a fair signal. Interval signal and ID on the hour. 250 kW.
  • Tentative logging of Radio France International on 11605 kHz, via relay at Meyerton, South Africa. Time: 0505-0535 UTC. Language: French, with France/Parisian accent. Very poor signal. No ID and no identifying information heard. Talk in French, usually too weak to copy. WRTH 2010 has RFI on here from Meyerton at 100 kW, and since the station sounded like RFI, I'm tentatively identifying it as such.
  • WEWN, Vandiver, AL, USA, on 11550 kHz at 1512-1518 UTC in Spanish. Very good signal. EWTN (Catholic) religious program with talk by two men. 250 kW.

No comments: