A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Thursday 12 January 2012

Shannon VOLMET and WSL

For today, two utility loggings:
  • Shannon VOLMET in Shannon, Ireland, on 13264 kHz at 1305-1310 UTC, SSB in English. Aviation weather for the UK area. ID.
  • WSL in St. Augustine, FL, USA, on 13034 kHz at 1312 to 1345 UTC. SITOR-A and Morse code. Two SITOR-A stations heard here, one strong, one weak. No ID on strong one. Weak one was also sending Morse code Ids: "CQ de WSL". WSL is a station in the GLN Global Link Network. It provides HF data communications, including email (www.glnusa.net/?page-id=16)

No comments: