A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Friday 13 January 2012

CHU 14670 kHz

The January challenge continues with two utility stations logged today:
  • CHU, Ottawa, ON, Canada, on 14670 kHz at 1319 UTC in English and French. Standard time station. Weak but beeps on the seconds were clear and distinct.
  • Unidentified utility station in SITOR mode on 12966 kHz at 1325-1400 UTC. Weak to fair signal. I didn't try to decode it. I left the station on for half an hour hoping there would be a Morse code ID but there was none.

No comments: