A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Saturday 7 January 2012

VOA on 17 Metres

There was a time when the Voice of America was one of the most prominent broadcasters on the shortwave bands. But years of service cuts have reduced its presence to the point where it is now unusual and noteworthy to stumble across it. That's why today's logging of something interesting is a logging of the VOA heard today at 1715-1732 UTC on 17655 kHz. Signal quality was poor. Programming consisted of talk in Portuguese with an ID on the half hour. Transmitting from Greenville, NC.

No comments: